Back to the subject of Blogger versus Wordpress - two very different software packages for blogs. For those of you still with me, I started a blog recently on Blogger and have now got a second on Wordpress. I write in my Blogger one and cut and paste into my Wordpress blog until I can make up my mind which one to go with. So what is my take now?
In favour of Wordpress
- The links from tags straight into a list of others' blogs is just great. Why write in isolation when you can join the blogsphere in one easy move?
- You just need to make a link to another bloggers' URL and a quote appears immediately as a comment.
- I got my first comment with two hours of starting my Wordpress blog.
- You ask a question of their service desk and they get back to you just fine!
- It looks lousy compared to Blogger.
- Lots of different templates but features do not translate from one to another ie Twitter feed.
- The CMS is so much less friendly that Blogger and difficult to understand.
But I have come to decision. I will close down my Blogger blog and stay with Wordpress. Why can there not be a package that is somewhere in between - firmly embedded in the blogosphere, good to look at AND easy to use. And why do both of them make it so difficult to cut and paste a screengrab from the web?